Friday, March 30, 2012

Recent Creating View

I know that most of the persons could not get me exactly
so i am again going to clarify my problem.
I want to create tables and views from inside the VB-code
using SQL-script. I can do this by reading a text (script)
file, storing the string in a variable say MYSQLSTR and
running it like CN.EXECUTE MYSQLSTR inside my code. Now I
have created the sql-script from enterprise manager which
includes GO for each create statement of the table. I run
it from inside my VB-Code. error raised which says 'GO' is
not recognizable. OK. I removed 'GO' from the file and run
it again as i described above. It is running fine and
creating tables in the database. This file, after removing
all the 'GOs' runs inside the query analyser too.
Now when I do this with VIEWS, same problems come and I
remove 'GO' but this time it says like (even inside query
analyser):
Server: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure View1, Line
10
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'SET'.
Server: Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Procedure DmView1,
Line 16
'CREATE VIEW' must be the first statement in a query batch.
Now I have to create views at one go as i create all the
tables at one go by running the SQL-script through my code.
ur suggestions are welcome.
Billi98Please don't re-post. I provided an answer in your prior post.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
"billi98" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4c1001c42c3e$3d1d2050$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I know that most of the persons could not get me exactly
> so i am again going to clarify my problem.
> I want to create tables and views from inside the VB-code
> using SQL-script. I can do this by reading a text (script)
> file, storing the string in a variable say MYSQLSTR and
> running it like CN.EXECUTE MYSQLSTR inside my code. Now I
> have created the sql-script from enterprise manager which
> includes GO for each create statement of the table. I run
> it from inside my VB-Code. error raised which says 'GO' is
> not recognizable. OK. I removed 'GO' from the file and run
> it again as i described above. It is running fine and
> creating tables in the database. This file, after removing
> all the 'GOs' runs inside the query analyser too.
> Now when I do this with VIEWS, same problems come and I
> remove 'GO' but this time it says like (even inside query
> analyser):
> Server: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure View1, Line
> 10
> Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'SET'.
> Server: Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Procedure DmView1,
> Line 16
> 'CREATE VIEW' must be the first statement in a query batch.
> Now I have to create views at one go as i create all the
> tables at one go by running the SQL-script through my code.
> ur suggestions are welcome.
> Billi98
>|||Hi Bill,
Ok then 'Why the go statement didn't work'
The reason is that the GO statement only works through
osql and isql (or in this case Query Analyser), as your
running this through VB, the go statement isn't supported
so it doesn't work.
The second error is a standard sql error, which I don't
think has anything to do with the go statement.
Could you possibly post the first 30 lines of your code ?
Thanks
J
>--Original Message--
>I know that most of the persons could not get me exactly
>so i am again going to clarify my problem.
>I want to create tables and views from inside the VB-code
>using SQL-script. I can do this by reading a text
(script)
>file, storing the string in a variable say MYSQLSTR and
>running it like CN.EXECUTE MYSQLSTR inside my code. Now I
>have created the sql-script from enterprise manager which
>includes GO for each create statement of the table. I run
>it from inside my VB-Code. error raised which says 'GO'
is
>not recognizable. OK. I removed 'GO' from the file and
run
>it again as i described above. It is running fine and
>creating tables in the database. This file, after
removing
>all the 'GOs' runs inside the query analyser too.
>Now when I do this with VIEWS, same problems come and I
>remove 'GO' but this time it says like (even inside query
>analyser):
>Server: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure View1, Line
>10
>Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'SET'.
>Server: Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Procedure DmView1,
>Line 16
>'CREATE VIEW' must be the first statement in a query
batch.
>Now I have to create views at one go as i create all the
>tables at one go by running the SQL-script through my
code.
>ur suggestions are welcome.
>Billi98
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment