Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Receive E-Mail Using Database Mail?

I would like to use database mail to receive e-mail and do something
with an attachment. Is that possible?
If so, any suggestions or guidelines to follow?Hi
I think you still need to use SMTP email to do this as there is no option to
connect to a mailbox with Database Mail.
John
"chfran" wrote:
> I would like to use database mail to receive e-mail and do something
> with an attachment. Is that possible?
> If so, any suggestions or guidelines to follow?
>|||>I would like to use database mail to receive e-mail and do something
> with an attachment. Is that possible?
If you are talking about the new Database Mail feature in SQL Server 2005,
no, this process is for outgoing (SMTP) only. It does not have the
capability to receive/process inbound e-mail.
A|||Oopss
SMTP should have been MAPI
> I think you still need to use MAPI email to do this as there is no option to
> connect to a mailbox with Database Mail.
John
"John Bell" wrote:
> Hi
> I think you still need to use SMTP email to do this as there is no option to
> connect to a mailbox with Database Mail.
> John
> "chfran" wrote:
> > I would like to use database mail to receive e-mail and do something
> > with an attachment. Is that possible?
> >
> > If so, any suggestions or guidelines to follow?
> >
> >sql

No comments:

Post a Comment