Friday, March 30, 2012

Recent Creating View

I know that most of the persons could not get me exactly
so i am again going to clarify my problem.
I want to create tables and views from inside the VB-code
using SQL-script. I can do this by reading a text (script)
file, storing the string in a variable say MYSQLSTR and
running it like CN.EXECUTE MYSQLSTR inside my code. Now I
have created the sql-script from enterprise manager which
includes GO for each create statement of the table. I run
it from inside my VB-Code. error raised which says 'GO' is
not recognizable. OK. I removed 'GO' from the file and run
it again as i described above. It is running fine and
creating tables in the database. This file, after removing
all the 'GOs' runs inside the query analyser too.
Now when I do this with VIEWS, same problems come and I
remove 'GO' but this time it says like (even inside query
analyser):
Server: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure View1, Line
10
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'SET'.
Server: Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Procedure DmView1,
Line 16
'CREATE VIEW' must be the first statement in a query batch.
Now I have to create views at one go as i create all the
tables at one go by running the SQL-script through my code.
ur suggestions are welcome.
Billi98Please don't re-post. I provided an answer in your prior post.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
"billi98" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4c1001c42c3e$3d1d2050$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I know that most of the persons could not get me exactly
> so i am again going to clarify my problem.
> I want to create tables and views from inside the VB-code
> using SQL-script. I can do this by reading a text (script)
> file, storing the string in a variable say MYSQLSTR and
> running it like CN.EXECUTE MYSQLSTR inside my code. Now I
> have created the sql-script from enterprise manager which
> includes GO for each create statement of the table. I run
> it from inside my VB-Code. error raised which says 'GO' is
> not recognizable. OK. I removed 'GO' from the file and run
> it again as i described above. It is running fine and
> creating tables in the database. This file, after removing
> all the 'GOs' runs inside the query analyser too.
> Now when I do this with VIEWS, same problems come and I
> remove 'GO' but this time it says like (even inside query
> analyser):
> Server: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure View1, Line
> 10
> Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'SET'.
> Server: Msg 111, Level 15, State 1, Procedure DmView1,
> Line 16
> 'CREATE VIEW' must be the first statement in a query batch.
> Now I have to create views at one go as i create all the
> tables at one go by running the SQL-script through my code.
> ur suggestions are welcome.
> Billi98
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment