Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Receiving DTC error after Windows Patch for latest zotob

Receiving "Failed to obtain TransactionDispenserInterface: Result Code = 0x8004d01b" in the error log of the SQL Server after the Windows Admins have
patched the server. The MSDTC service is running and I don't see anything in
the Event Logs of the server.
Any clues on how to troubleshoot this?This affects both Windows 2000 and 2003 servers.
"Tom" wrote:
> Receiving "Failed to obtain TransactionDispenserInterface: Result Code => 0x8004d01b" in the error log of the SQL Server after the Windows Admins have
> patched the server. The MSDTC service is running and I don't see anything in
> the Event Logs of the server.
> Any clues on how to troubleshoot this?|||I'm having this problem also on an Active/Passive 2003 cluster. The
only thing I can find in the error logs, other than this message is:
Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSDTC
Event Category: TM
Event ID: 4097
Date: 8/22/2005
Time: 10:17:33 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SV2794
Description:
MS DTC started with the following settings:
Security Configuration (OFF = 0 and ON = 1):
Network Administration of Transactions = 1,
Network Clients = 0,
Distributed Transactions using Native MSDTC Protocol = 1,
Transaction Internet Protocol (TIP) = 0,
XA Transactions = 1
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***|||I just fixed this on our server...What I did was verify MSDTC was
running normally in the event log, then do a 'Move Group', which simply
restarted the MSSQL services. I suspect that MSDTC just didn't start
before SQL Server, and MSSQL didn't catch on to it.
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***|||Wayne, I have found the same error message in our SQL 2000 log. I would
appreciate if you could please make the steps more clear as I could not find
Move Group.
"Wayne Fairless" wrote:
> I just fixed this on our server...What I did was verify MSDTC was
> running normally in the event log, then do a 'Move Group', which simply
> restarted the MSSQL services. I suspect that MSDTC just didn't start
> before SQL Server, and MSSQL didn't catch on to it.
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
>|||I hope Wayne comes back to clarify.
"Wayne Fairless" wrote:
> I just fixed this on our server...What I did was verify MSDTC was
> running normally in the event log, then do a 'Move Group', which simply
> restarted the MSSQL services. I suspect that MSDTC just didn't start
> before SQL Server, and MSSQL didn't catch on to it.
>
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
>

No comments:

Post a Comment