Friday, March 30, 2012

REceiving notification in windows application

Hi,

Is this possible to receive notifications from Notification Service in my windows application written in Framework 1.1? I am using SqlServer 2K.

I want to create a notification when number of rows in a given table reach a specific limit. I want to receive the notification in my application and prompt user through my application's user-interface instead of sending sms or emails to users.

Thanks,

You can do this by creating your own custom delivery protocol.

HTH...

|||Any sample ?|||

Why not just use a MessageBox ?

You could simply write a SqlCommand counting the number of rows already in your databasetable...

|||Its a little complicated and then I need to do this very frequently and speed is an important factor here as well.|||

I don't have one off hand that I can post. Shyam Pather's book describes how to build one though. It's definitely worth the purchase price.

HTH...

No comments:

Post a Comment