Wednesday, March 28, 2012

receive files from remote site only if file does not exist in local directory

I need to only receive files via ftp when the file does not exist on my local machine. FIles are being added to the remote location on a weekly basis and they are being downloaded locally. I do not want to download all the files each time. Instead, just download what was not already downloaded. Is there a way to do this? I want to do this using SSIS / ftp task.

Thanks in advance.

One way to accomplish this is to use the Execute Process task to run ftp.exe to get a list of the files on the server, then compare that list to your local directory. You could compare the file lists through a script task. Then FTP each file that you need to pull down.|||Thanks very much. I will try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment