Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Receive Error: 17805 Invalid buffer received from client

Hello
I am running SQL Server 2000 with SP 4 on Windows Server 2003. Every hour I
receive several notifications with the following:
Reply: Message not found. Insertion strings:Error: 17805, Severity: 20,
State: 3 Invalid buffer received from client.
I want to create a SQL Profiler trace that will help me to identify which
sql statements \ stored procedures are causing this error. What will i need
to specify in the trace to identify the transaction that is causing this
error?
Please advise..
Cheers!
BrettSee response in microsoft.public.sqlserver.clients
-Sue
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:50:53 -0700, "Brett Davis"
<bdavis123@.cox.net> wrote:

>Hello
>I am running SQL Server 2000 with SP 4 on Windows Server 2003. Every hour
I
>receive several notifications with the following:
> Reply: Message not found. Insertion strings:Error: 17805, Severity: 20,
>State: 3 Invalid buffer received from client.
>I want to create a SQL Profiler trace that will help me to identify which
>sql statements \ stored procedures are causing this error. What will i nee
d
>to specify in the trace to identify the transaction that is causing this
>error?
>Please advise..
>Cheers!
>Brett
>

No comments:

Post a Comment